understand the Washington State foreclosure process.
establish a household budget to adjust to your situation.
request foreclosure mediation on your behalf through the Foreclosure Fairness Act.
understand your mortgage and possible loss mitigation options.
navigate your lender’s loan modification application process.
transition to alternative housing if homeownership is not sustainable.
Counselors cannot offer legal advice or debt consolidation. For these services, please see More Information & Resources below.
To access mortgage counseling services at Solid Ground, please CHOOSE ONLY ONE of the following options:
1) Mortgage Counseling Client Hotline: Call our mortgage hotline at 206.694.6766 or toll-free at 1.866.297.4300. This is a message only line, open for messages on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 7am - 7pm. An intake specialist will return your call within 5-7 business days.
2) Complete our Online Intake Form: Please fill out the form as thoroughly as possible. We will mail out an information packet to all households within 5-7 business days. Households that may be eligible for loss mitigation will also receive an enrollment packet. If you have difficulties completing or submitting this form, please email us at email@example.com.
(Note: If you know you do not have enough income to keep your home, you can still meet with a mortgage counselor to discuss your exit options and plan for transition. In this case, do not fill out a mortgage intake form. Instead, please call the hotline number above.)
Washington Foreclosure Prevention Resource Guide
Solid Ground's informational brochures:
Solid Ground’s Mortgage Counseling Services
How to Avoid Mortgage Default
Legal Resources, Advice & Services
- Free Legal Information on Washington State Law: Information on the UW Law School website.
- Community Information Line: Call 206.461.3200, toll free 1.877.211.9724 (WASH) or 2.1.1 (from a landline) – Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm – for referrals to many types of legal resources (e.g. bankruptcy, predatory loan scams, etc.).
- CLEAR is Washington State’s toll-free, centralized intake, advice and referral service for people with low incomes (outside King County) seeking free legal assistance with civil legal problems. Call 1.888.201.1014 weekdays, 9:15am - 12:15pm, and Tuesdays, 3:30 - 6:15pm.
- Bankruptcy Law: An in-depth look at bankruptcy.
Loan Modification Scam Prevention Network Complaint Submission: The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law posts this link for consumers who want to file a fraud complaint against companies that charged them for loan modification services that they never actually received.
Washington State Office of the Attorney General (AG Office): Use to file fraud complaints for in-state and out-of-state companies.
Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI): Contact for fraud complaints or to check licensing of companies to do financial transactions in Washington State. Any business charging a fee for financial-related services must be registered with the Department of Financial Institutions.
Credit Counseling Resources (Note: Credit counseling for debt consolidation must be done by accredited organizations; Solid Ground is not accredited for this service.)
- Clearpoint Credit Counseling Solutions: Contact: 800.634.2227. Provides counseling to individuals/couples concerned with financial decisions/issues regarding loans, etc., and management of credit cards/other financial resources.
- Apprisen Financial Advocates (formerly Consumer Credit Counseling NW): Contact: 1.800.355.2227. Provides money management education, budgeting and comprehensive personal credit counseling.
Other Mortgage Counseling Resources
Other Mortgage Resources
Fannie Mae Loan Lookup: To determine if your Loan is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
Freddie Mac Address Lookup: Requires additional information including a Social Security Number
Washington State Mortgage/Foreclosure information:
Buying a Home
Refinancing Your Mortgage
Washington Foreclosure Prevention Resource Guide
Interested in Homeownership?
A reverse mortgage can be an option for seniors who are "house rich/ cash poor". These loans allow eligible borrowers to access a portion of the equity in their home and not have to make a payment for as long as they live there.
Solid Ground offers HUD-certified face to face and telephone counseling seniors seeking reverse mortgages throughout Washington State. To schedule an appointment or request more information, please contact the Mortgage Services Hotline at 206.694.6766 (M-F). This is a message only line. Please leave a message and an intake specialist will return your call within 5-7 business days.
Mortgage Counseling Client Hotline: 206.694.6766 or toll-free at 1.866.297.4300. This is a message only line, open for messages on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 7am - 7pm. An intake specialist will return your call within 5-7 business days.
Phones: Mortgage Counseling Client Hotline: 206.694.6766
Reverse Mortgage Client Line: 206.694.6766 (M-F)
Toll-free # for all Mortgage Services: 1.866.297.4300
(Note: We do not set appointments by email.)
Address: Solid Ground
Mortgage Counseling Services
1501 North 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98103-6708